The Confucius Institute at the University of Luxembourg is becoming the only HSK exam centre in Luxembourg and is pleased to inform you that its first session will be held on Saturday 11 May 2019. Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 will be evaluated. The exams will take place on Kirchberg Campus (University of Luxembourg).
To make sure the session goes as smoothly as possible, the Confucius Institute will also be organising HSK preparation sessions from the end of March 2019. We will email you again soon with further details.
Exam times and prices:
Level 1: 11/05/2019 at 13:30 (length 40 mins) €20
Level 2: 11/05/2019 at 9:00 (length 55 mins) €25
Level 3: 11/05/2019 at 13:30 (length 90 mins) €35
Level 4: 11/05/2019 at 9:00 (length 100 mins) €40
Level 5: 11/05/2019 at 13:30 (length 125 mins) €50
Level 6: 11/05/2019 at 9:00 (length 140 mins) €55
Deadline for HSK registration: 7 April 2019.
What is the HSK?
The HSK, or Chinese Proficiency Test, is the standardised test of Chinese language proficiency. It was designed under the aegis of the Chinese Ministry of Education and includes a written and oral part, each comprising several levels. The HSK was inspired by the English TOEFL exam, with the similar aim of creating an international standard for Chinese language proficiency.
Why take the test?
- It enables you to study abroad: the Chinese Ministry of Education requires foreign students to obtain HSK level 4 with a minimum score of 210, and 60 points in the intermediate level HSKK (speaking test), to be eligible for a grant and be able to sign up for a degree course at a Chinese university.
- It gives you the opportunity to enjoy an extended stay in China: anyone interested in applying for a Hanban grant or taking part in a summer camp must have passed the HSK.
- It is a valuable skill on a competitive employment market: the HSK can boost the profile of anyone looking to work in an international environment.
- It is a standardised exam to measure your Chinese language capabilities as you develop your knowledge.
How to register
You should use the following website to register: http://www.chinesetest.cn/index.do
1. On the home page, choose your preferred language, then click on “New User” to create an account, which will also be valid for any future sessions you would like to register for. If you have already created an account for a previous session, it will still be valid this year.
2. Fill in the form.
3. You have successfully created your account. You can now register for the exam by clicking on “Register now”.
4. Click on the level that you wish to take (level 1 to 6).
5. Fill in the registration form. Choose “Europe”, “Luxembourg” and “Confucius Institute at the University of Luxembourg”.
6. Complete the next part of the form.
7. Now upload your ID photo by clicking on “Select photo” (1), then click on “Cutting” (2) to adjust the size, then “Complete” (3) to confirm.
8. You have completed your registration.
Candidates’ registration will be confirmed by the Confucius Institute when the full online registration process (including ID photo) has been completed and payment has been received by bank transfer to the University of Luxembourg bank account, with the message “E-AGR-2015-10-K + last name + first name”:
|Nom du bénéficiaire||:||Université du Luxembourg|
|Adresse du bénéficiaire||:||Maison du Savoir / Service Finance & Comptabilité|
2 avenue de l’Université, L-4365 Esch-sur-Alzette
|Nom de la banque||:||Banque et Caisse d’Epargne de l’Etat|
|Adresse de la banque||:||33, Allée Scheffer L-2520 Luxembourg|
|IBAN||:||LU28 0019 5055 4025 9000|
After 7 April 2019, no refunds will be made to candidates in the event of cancellation or absence on the day of the exam.
To find out more and practise for the exam: http://www.chinesetest.cn/gosimexam.do
For more information about this HSK session, contact the Confucius Institute at 00352 4666444964 or by email.